Do you struggle to lose weight and keep it off?
Have you tried most diets and found that in the end they don’t work?
Have you lost weight and then ended up putting more back on?
Most people do! That’s mainly because diets are restrictive and unsustainable. The diet industry is full of people/groups telling you…. this works, that works, you need to do this, you should be doing that….
Restrictive diets = Rapid weight loss… not sustainable… = weight regained… YO YO Dieting.
What they fail to tell you is that food control comes from the mind. Most people can follow a diet and national weight loss groups for a period of time but the majority are not able to sustain it. Unless our values, beliefs, and perception towards food are changed, keeping up with the “diet plan” will prove extremely difficult. The good news is, our values, beliefs, and perceptions can be changed.
Do you eat for comfort?
Do you eat out of boredom?
Do you turn to food as a means of coping with stress and worry?
These can be a lot of stumbling blocks, they can develop into long-term unhealthy eating habits!
This is where my approach is different. I don’t use the word “diet” in the sense of losing weight. My clients are taught strong, effective and resilient techniques towards “eating healthy” and learn to take back control of their eating habits. Once we have control…. the rest is easy!
I don’t believe in “cutting out” or “sins” (many terms used in the weight loss industry). I believe in everything in moderation, once you have developed a healthy mindset and approach towards food.
Healthy eating = slower weight loss… sustainable…= weight loss maintained.
Good healthy eating habits can form just as easy as bad ones do. Research nowadays shows that we can “re-programme” the mind by creating new neural pathways.
With my strong background in nutrition and my skills as a hypnotherapist, I am able to provide everything you need to make the changes happen for you to live a healthier and happier life. To be comfortable with your weight and the decisions you make towards your food intake.
“Just want to say a massive thank you for all your help in helping me lose 3 stone 3 pounds and 10 inches off my middle! Couldn’t have done it without your guidance and experience, anyone struggling for motivation and doesn’t know how Lee is the man for you I’d been struggling for years but now more motivated than ever and all down to Lee”
Successful tips for gaining control of your eating
- Plan as many of your meals in advance as you can – weekly menu.
- Prepare as many meals in advance, as you can. Freeze, if need be.
- Shop with a predetermined list – do not shop making choices.
- Use an 80/20 approach – never not have your treats – reward your efforts sensibly.
- Keep a F.A.T. book – FOOD, ACTIVITY, THOUGHTS.
- Stop and think before you eat – is this good for me? Are there better options? How will this impact on my weight loss?
- Apply “conscious” eating – be aware of every mouthful, taste, and texture.
- Slowly eat your food, drink water between every few mouthfuls.
- Avoid eating on the go or eating watching TV.
- Boredom eating – keep your mind focused on your goal, even more so between meals, to avoid snacking.
- Emotional eating – be mindful not to use food when seeking pleasure or relief from stress. Find your individual alternative.
- Stay aware of the reasons why you have chosen to lose weight. These are your personal drivers. Repeat them to yourself.
- You are not on a diet – “you are eating healthily”.
- Learn to leave a little food on your plate – shows you are in control and disarms old beliefs of “eat it all up”.
- Visualise – see yourself at the weight you want to be. Best practised whilst relaxed.
- Always look how far you have come, not how far you have to go. It’s a process, not a prize.
- Get to know yourself well, realise how you self-sabotage, take responsibility for it, THEN MOVE FORWARD and focus your time and energy into taking back control.
Contact me for more information.
You’ve got this!
Take Back Control Now
Use hypnosis, mindfulness, and meditation to change your subconscious controlling beliefs. Practice daily, exercising the mind to create new neural pathways, which will lead you to where you want to be.